|-æ-'s -æ- System|
|IP Address: 184.108.40.206||Last Update: January 11, 2019 at 13:36:08|
|Amplifier:||- McIntosh MC30 mono blocks|
- Wright Sound Company WPA 3.5 mono blocks with TFA-204 nickle air-gapped output transformers
- Melody i2A3
- AudioSector, TubeCube|7 and MiniWatt integrated amps
- Outlaw Audio RetroReceiver
|Preamplifier (or None if Integrated):||- McIntosh MX110z tuner/preamplifier|
- deHavilland UltraVerve
- DSPeaker-Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core for bass optimization
|Speakers:||- Altec A-7-500 restored and upgraded by Gary Fischer. Additionally, custom crossovers incorporate PRE&A, XTC-grade, oil-filled capacitors and other tweaks|
- Altec Valencia: Crossovers incorporate PRE&A, XTC-grade, oil-filled capacitors, Cardas wiring, and other tweaks.
- Two-way GPA 604-8H-II drivers mounted in 9.1 cubic foot enclosures strongly influenced by Jay Fisher's MLTL design (plus our Dial-a-Vent and Dial-a-High features). Crossovers incorporate XTC-grade oil-filled capacitors and other tweaks.
- Wharfedale Diamond 10.1
- Customized REL Strata III utilizing a properly-designed outboard amp (Dayton Audio SA1000) that's not compromised by the obviously under-spec'd resistors chosen by REL.
|CD Player/DAC:||- Wavelength Audio Cosecant USB DAC v3 fed by polycarbonate shell MacBook running Pure Music software|
- Tube Research Labs modified Sony SCD-2000ES
|Turntable/Phono Stage:||- Nottingham Analogue Studio Space Deck driven by Walker Audio Precision Motor Controller. |
- Black Pearls Audio Aquarius phono stage
- self-modified Jolida JD-9
- Schiit Mani phono stage
- String Theory Woody tone arm from Pete Riggle Engineering and Audio.
- Dynavector 17D2MKII and Zu/DL-103 Mk.II cartridges
|Other Source(s):||Office system: |
Soundquest R601 Tube Hi-Fi FM/AM Classic Radio
- Gibson J-100 acoustic guitar
|Speaker Cables/Interconnects:||- W.E. #16, Cardas SE-15, DIY WM-XTC, Audience Au24 and Conductor, and Zu Audio Libtec cables |
- Belden 8402 professionally terminated by BTPA, Cardas Golden Cross, Audience Au24, Audience Maestro, and Bob Crump custom copper interconnects. Wireworld Ultraviolet High Performance, and Elijah Quad Braid and Isolate Cu USB cables
- Analysis Plus cables and interconnects.
|Other (Power Conditioner, Racks etc.):||Stands: |
- Two three-tier Grand Prix Audio Monaco units on GPA Apex footers.
- Lovan Affinity Pro6 Series rack, Acoustic Dreams Dead Ball ISOLATElators; Neuance platform
Power line conditioning:
- BPT 3.5 Signature
- cryo'd Pass & Seymour wall outlets;
- AudienceT.G. Audio Lab SLVR, Analysis Plus Power Oval, Zu Audio Birth and Bok power cords
Secondary: Brick Wall PW8R15AUD.
|Tweaks:||- Sundry accessories: HAL-O® Vacuum Tube Dampers, Herbie's Way Excellent Turntable Mat, Locus Design Basic and Bren1 record clamps, VPI 16.5 record cleaner, and Shun Mook Valve Resonators.|
- Gibson J-100
- Epiphone Dot (Gibson ES-335 knock-off)
- Chet Atkins CE (nylon-strung classical) electric guitars; Fender Blues Jr. amp;
- Privia PX-555 keyboard
- 1906 Ellington upright piano.
|Room Comments/Treatments:||Room size & treatments: 26' x 19' x 9' (a fractured 'L', nominally 16' x 19' with 12' feet of the 19-foot dimension opening to the 20-foot section of the 20' x 12' kitchen/eat-in area); concrete slab, sheet rock walls. |
- ASC Tube Traps and Sound Planks
- Echo Busters absorbers
- Shakti Hallograph Soundfield Optimizers
- Acoustic Revive RR-77 Ultra Low-Frequency Pulse Generator
|Music Preferences and Comments:|
|Music Used (Genre/Selections):||Anything but rap, polka and whiney or screaming vocals|
|System Goals/Comments:||Tonal density and timbral resolution|
|System Strengths:||Varies, depending on what's in for review|
|System Weaknesses:||Varies, depending on what's in for review|
|Video/HT System: None|
|Speakers (Center, Surrounds, Sub):||.|
|Other HT Gear:||.|
|Comments on HT System:||.|
|Other Interests/Hobbies/Occupation:||Senior Reviewer for 6moons.com, 2002 to date. Reviewer and contributing writer for The Abso!ute Sound from 1999 to 2006.|