|Jorge F's Second System System|
|IP Address: 126.96.36.199||Last Update: April 06, 2015 at 01:07:01|
|Amplifier:||DIY integrated amp, built in the box of an old Marantz PM-52, and using some original components of it. Estimated max. power over 80W.|
|Preamplifier (or None if Integrated):||None|
|Speakers:||Heavily modified old B&W P5.|
(yes, identical to main system ones)
|CD Player/DAC:||Heavily modified old Akai CD-79 (PCM63).|
|Other Source(s):||DIY DAC (http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/kits-modules-diy-dac/audiophonics-dac1796-dac-24bit-192khz-cs8416-pcm1796-p-4993.html)|
(also a Behringer UCA222 for computer/Tablet/Samrtphone)
Old Pioneer DV-737 DVD player (connected to DAC)
Cable TV box (connected to DAC)
|Speaker Cables/Interconnects:||CAT5/CAT6 24awg interconnects, stripped TV cable as speaker cable.|
|Other (Power Conditioner, Racks etc.):||None. Actually, the amplifier has a power bypass that feeds the sources.|
|Tweaks:||Difficult to list, given almost all components are modified ones :-)|
It's a multiple source system and is supposed to remain like that. That implies some compromises. Anyway...
• Interconnects are made from the wires of network cables.
• Speaker cables are made from cable TV wires.
• The CD player has been hugely modified, having had almost every gadget and facility removed, such as digital out (recoverable) and headphones circuitry, as weel as a "DAC Direct Out» feature, well, in a word, "minimised". Special care has been taken in what concerns ground loops.
• The Sansui tuner had equalization changes and ground loops have been chased.
• The speakers had the treble components removed from the crossover PCB and moved away from it. All the wiring has been replaced by similar to speaker cables. The original spikes have been replaced by Soundcare Superspikes with custom bolts. A new DIY plinth, larger than the speaker, was added.
|Room Size (LxWxH):||2,85 m x 4,0 m x 2,8 m|
|Room Comments/Treatments:||The room doesn't need sonic treatment given it's filled up with the common room furniture.|
|Music Preferences and Comments:|
|Music Used (Genre/Selections):||Mostly classical. I also listen to almost anything, mainly sixties rock and also jazz. Although, pop and reggae aren't allowed...|
|System Goals/Comments:||This system relates to "her house»...|
It's as close as the main one as possible.
|System Strengths:||Clarity, detail, speed, attack, low noise, excellent dynamics.|
|Video/HT System: None|
|TV/Projector:||Panasonic TX-P50UT50E 50" plasma TV|
|Speakers (Center, Surrounds, Sub):||None.|
|Sources (DVD/VCR):||Above listed Old Pioneer DV-737 DVD player and|
Cable TV box, both connected to DAC.
|Other HT Gear:||None|
|Comments on HT System:||It isn't an actual HT system, there are 3 video sources connected to the audio system...|
|URL Link: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/one_o_six/Second%20system/DSC_0314s_zpsb9187b30.jpg|
|Other Interests/Hobbies/Occupation:||- Reading.|
- Attending live concerts.