|-æ-'s -æ- System|
|IP Address: 220.127.116.11||Last Update: August 20, 2017 at 07:54:33|
|Amplifier:||- McIntosh MC30 mono blocks|
- Wright Sound Company WPA 3.5 mono blocks with TFA-204 nickle air-gapped output transformers
- ASL Typhoon w/ Dueland CAST copper caps and Bybee 2A POS Music Rail
- Melody i2A3
On hand: AudioSector, TubeCube|7 and MiniWatt integrated amps. Outlaw Audio RetroReceiver.
|Preamplifier (or None if Integrated):||- McIntosh MX110z tuner/preamplifier|
- deHavilland UltraVerve
- DSPeaker-Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core for bass optimization
|Speakers:||- Zu Audio Druid V|
- Altec Valencia: Crossovers incorporate XTC-grade oil-filled capacitors Cardas wiring, and other tweaks.
- Two-way GPA 604-8H-II drivers mounted in 9.1 cubic foot enclosures strongly influenced by Jay Fisher's MLTL design (plus our Dial-a-Vent and Dial-a-High features). Crossovers incorporate XTC-grade oil-filled capacitors and other tweaks.
On hand: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1; Customized REL Strata III utilizing a properly-designed outboard amp (Dayton Audio SA1000) that's not compromised by the obviously under-spec'd resistors chosen by REL.
|CD Player/DAC:||- Wavelength Audio Cosecant USB DAC v3 fed by polycarbonate shell MacBook running Pure Music server software|
- Tube Research Labs modified Sony SCD-2000ES
|Turntable/Phono Stage:||- Nottingham Analogue Studio Space Deck driven by Walker Audio Precision Motor Controller. |
- Black Pearls Audio Aquarius phono stage
On hand: self-modified Jolida JD-9,, and Schiit Mani phono stages
- String Theory Woody tone arm from Pete Riggle Engineering and Audio.
- Dynavector 17D2MKII and Zu/DL-103 Mk.II cartridges
|Other Source(s):||Office system: Soundquest R601 Tube Hi-Fi FM/AM Classic Radio and a Gibson J-100 acoustic guitar|
|Speaker Cables/Interconnects:||- W.E. #16, Cardas SE-15, DIY WM-XTC, Audience Au24 and Conductor, and Zu Audio Libtec cables |
- Belden 8402 professionally terminated by BTPA, Cardas Golden Cross, Audience Au24, Audience Maestro, and Bob Crump custom copper interconnects. Wireworld Ultraviolet High Performance, and Elijah Quad Braid and Isolate Cu USB cables
- Analysis Plus cables and interconnects.
|Other (Power Conditioner, Racks etc.):||Stands: |
- Two three-tier Grand Prix Audio Monaco units on GPA Apex footers.
- Lovan Affinity Pro6 Series rack, Acoustic Dreams Dead Ball ISOLATElators; Neuance platform
- Power line conditioning: BPT 3.5 Signature; cryo'd Pass & Seymour wall outlets; Audience, T.G. Audio Lab SLVR, Analysis Plus Power Oval, Zu Audio Birth and Bok power cords
Secondary: Brick Wall PW8R15AUD.
|Tweaks:||- Sundry accessories: HAL-O® Vacuum Tube Dampers, Herbie's Way Excellent Turntable Mat, Locus Design Basic and Bren1 record clamps, VPI 16.5 record cleaner, and Shun Mook Valve Resonators.|
- Music makers: Gibson J-100; Epiphone Dot (Gibson ES-335 knock-off) and Chet Atkins CE (nylon-strung classical) electric guitars; Fender Blues Jr. amp; Privia PX-555 keyboard and 1906 Ellington upright piano.
|Room Comments/Treatments:||Room size & treatments: 26' x 19' x 9' (a fractured 'L', nominally 16' x 19' with 12' feet of the 19-foot dimension opening to the 20-foot section of the 20' x 12' kitchen/eat-in area); concrete slab, sheet rock walls. ASC Tube Traps and Sound Planks, Echo Busters absorbers, Shakti Hallograph Soundfield Optimizers, and Acoustic Revive RR-77 Ultra Low-Frequency Pulse Generator.|
|Music Preferences and Comments:|
|Music Used (Genre/Selections):||Anything but rap, polka and whiney or screaming vocals|
|System Goals/Comments:||Tonal density and timbral resolution|
|System Strengths:||Varies, depending on what's in for review|
|System Weaknesses:||Varies, depending on what's in for review|
|Video/HT System: None|
|Speakers (Center, Surrounds, Sub):||.|
|Other HT Gear:||.|
|Comments on HT System:||.|
|Other Interests/Hobbies/Occupation:||Senior reviewer for 6moons.com since 2002. Reviewer and contributing writer for The Abso!ute Sound from 1999 to 2006.|