|AbeCollins's Office Listening Room System|
|IP Address: 22.214.171.124||Last Update: February 01, 2019 at 14:26:51|
|Amplifier:||- Ayre AX-7e Solid-State Integrated Amp ~60wpc|
- Yamaha A-S1100 Solid-State Integrated Amp ~90wpc
- Rogue Cronus Magnum Tube Integrated Amp ~100wpc
|Preamplifier (or None if Integrated):||- NA|
|Speakers:||- Tannoy Definition D500: Mfg recommended 30 to 175w RMS. 6 Ohm nom, 4 Ohm min, 91db/m/w sensitivity, 8" dual concentric mid driver (brass tweeter in center), 8" bass driver. Crossover type: 1st order LF, 1st order HF.|
- Grado RS1e headphones when I'm in the mood.
|CD Player/DAC:||Main Source components:|
- Mac Mini (2012) i7 quad-core 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, SSD & HDD
- 12VDC 10 Amp Linear Power Supply for Mac Mini
- Roon for local playback as well as remote streaming
- Synology NAS in basement with Roon installed
- PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC
- Mytek Digital Stereo192-DSD DAC
- Wyred4Sound DAC2-DSD DAC
- TEAC UD-501 DSD DAC
- Schiit Asgard 2 headphone amp
- iPad Mini 4 with Roon Remote App touch screen remote control
|Other Source(s):||- Sonore microRendu network streamer in basement setup|
- Raspberry Pi DietPi network streamer
- Raspberry Pi DietPi streamer in garage
- AppleTV in family room and bedroom for streaming music, videos, movies
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (HDMI) in family room for streaming music, videos, movies
- Sony UH-PH1 Premium Blu-ray/DVD/CD/SACD/USB player
|Speaker Cables/Interconnects:||- DH Labs Air Matrix Interconnects|
- Analysis Plus Oval 9 Speaker Cables
|Room Size (LxWxH):||10-ft x 12-ft x 10-ft Home Office|
|Music Preferences and Comments:|
|Music Used (Genre/Selections):||- Rock, classic rock, alternative, blues, pop|
- Smooth jazz, some country / cross-over
- Americana / Folk
|System Goals/Comments:||- Robust and musical enjoyment in my office setup|
|System Strengths:||- Plays music|
|System Weaknesses:||- Small room compared to the basement setup|
|Video/HT System: None|
|Other HT Gear:||Home office setup 2017 / 2018. Pretty much the way it is except for various electronics I enjoy swapping in an out.|
Mac Mini i7 Quad Core, PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC, iPad Mini 4, Roon + Tidal, Ayre AX-7e Integrated Amp
12-VDC 10-Amp LPS for Mac Mini, and Gigabit Ethernet switch under the hutch. Tannoy Definition D500 speakers.
Some other goodies for audition
Mac Mini and bench linear power supply test setup.
The Mini draws less than 6 Watts idle, and about 10 to 12 Watts playing music. It's a very efficient music server.
The Mytek Digital Stereo192-DSD DAC is now in the basement system.
The iPad Mini 4 touch screen remote control is normally with me in my office or basement listening positions
Synology NAS (4x4TB WD Reds) will backup all computers in our home & will be relocated to the basement soon.
Also tinkering with Raspberry Pi + audio add-ons. DietPi OS, Digione SPDIF card, Roon Bridge software
Select a Zone or Zones on the iPad Roon Remote App for Roon playback.
Where do I want Roon to send the music: Raspberry Pi streamer & BOSS DAC in the garage. Raspberry Pi streamer SPDIF output in my office. Mac Mini USB Direct to DAC. microRendu streamer & Mytek DAC in the basement. Or several locations at once in any combination playing the same tune in sync or different tunes.
Some older misc links and video clips:
YouTube Video Of My Old Listening Room
QuickTime Video of my old Room
QuickTime Video of the Turntable
Another one of my hobbies
On the Dynomometer
Most recent Dyno results
YouTube Video on the Dyno
|URL Link: http://youtu.be/P8AX6u0Ex98|
|Other Interests/Hobbies/Occupation:||Gadgets, electronics, ham radio, computers, shooting, golf, concerts, movies, wife, friends, etc.|